Thursday 26 April 2007

My vote

I am not part of a ticket, and will not tell people how to vote. But in the interests of full disclosure and transparency, here is how I intend to vote:

Federal vice-presidents
1 POS, Margaretta
2 FLETCHER, Alan
3 MAIN, Monica
(Gina McColl did not provide a candidate statement so I know little about her, except she works for BRW and is a federal councillor. She says she sent a 150 word statement to the Australian Electoral Commission, but they made an error and did not publish it with the others, however, I have not verified this with the AEC.)

Victorian vice-presidents
1 ROBINSON, Paul
2 MARRIOTT, Susan
3 ARTHUR, Robyn
(Paul Robinson is a highly experienced, Walkley-winning journalist who has been an excellent vice-president; Sue Marriott is a former industrial organiser for Equity and a highly-respected figure in the film and TV industries who now runs a production consultancy; Robyn Arthur is a branch vice-president from Equity. I don't know Roger Tafa.)

Federal Media Section
1 PHILLIPS, Mark
2 WILSON, Neil
3 BACHELARD, Michael
(Both Neil and Michael have lent their support to my campaign and are people I have worked with in a union capacity in the past. After that I will simply number 4-24 in order down the ballot sheet.)

No comments: